Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Letter #8--A good university.

Dear Governor Ducey,
Today was a good day. My colleague, who had been teaching for us as an adjunct, was just hired full time. My administration is finding ways to help support the NonfictioNOW conference even though they have no money to do so. The fact that you are destroying a university--one that actually brings as many dollars and jobs into the state as many other businesses--and undermining the work of these great people is short-sighted, unjust, unsustainable, and cruel.
But in a hope to remember the feeling that this was a good day, I'll keep this short and say 'thank you' to my university for doing what it can to make good jobs for good people and to make the work we do internationally known. I wish you knew each of them. Maybe that would convince you to stop this disaster from happening.
Sincerely,
Nicole

No comments: