I have to stop posting monthly even if only because every post says "this is the worst month ever" as if I'm trying to taunt the next month.
Here's a happy post about Max, Zoe and food.
1. Max won't stay in the house. If we open the door to the garage he crawls at light speed, turns himself around to slide down the stairs, dig his knees in garage juice and turn, when he hits the driveway, and grins so hard his cheeks pummel his eyeballs. Danger. Baby.
2. When Zoe sees friends we haven't seen in awhile, she hangs back for five, four, three, two, one seconds and then catapults her body at her friends' things. If you see Zoe and you know she loves you, plant your feet deeply into the ground or she'll knock you over with her hugs.
3. Erik and I met Ander and Megan in Phoenix. We ate at Cowboy Ciao, a well-recommended restaurant. And yet, ever since, all I've wanted to eat is the nacho cheese dip that we ate by the pool at the Hotel Valley Ho.
Wednesday, March 09, 2011
But if I don't actually write this stuff down (which I don't usually), I fear I'll forget it. Fearing to forget is more stressful than doing the stuff. And, I have to post it here because I at least know where my blog is. If I just write a list as a word doc or a piece of paper, what's the likelihood I'll check it? But my blog, I check it every day so I can read my blog list. A perfect system? We'll see.
Italics mean it's Done.
Italics mean it's Done.
- To Do March 9th
- · Call Puente de Hozho for Zoe’s 1st
- · Email Graduate Committee spreadsheet
- · Email grad coordinators new wording
- · Meet with Gail Westerlund about electronic admissions
- · Poster for Alumni Reading
- · Call Cline about Reading
- · Email VP research
- · Proposal to dean by March 25
- · Write Quiz
- · Read essay again to write said quiz
- · Ask G for list of students by genre
- · Meet with Khara for thesis
- · Write essay due March 16th
- · Read Lydia’s thesis
- · Email re: letter of rec
- · Write letter instructor position recs
- · Glenn Sobbing’s letter for study abroad
- · Glenn’s request for writing group
- · Tuition Waiver files
- · Poetry responses
- · Final wording for GTA applications
- · Find meeting space for GSC April 13th meeting
- · Get back to Bonita about Degree Progress Change
- · Grade Quizzes
- · Grade comments
- · Get art books from David
- · Check with David about Book arts class—too late for fee
- · Photos of grad poets
- · Email Julie about April Visit
- · Check with Lynzi about posters in LA
- · Posters around NAU? For Beyond Baroque Reading?
- · Karna about film
- · Questions for Rolf, Bruce and Rosy for Monday’s interviews.
- · Email Taysha for tax ID
- · Alpine Receipt
- · Finish Facebook transition
- · Call Beyond Baroque to see if they’ve ordered books for the reading
- · Change litter box
- · Zoe lunch stuff for week after spring break
- · Faculty senate dues
- · Travel certification form
- · Ali’s recommendation form
- · Make pumpkin muffins with Zoe
- Rec for Khara
- Rec for Lizzie
- Financials for Allen