Thursday, June 09, 2005

Garage Sale

I've undertaken a terribly bad project. I'm having a garage sale on Saturday. I have only the slightest idea how these things work--put a bunch of stuff that I don't want or need, stick some random prices on things. I have furniture and books and clothes but I think what people really want is bric-a-brac that might be collectible ala antiques roadshow. Still, if you have any ideas about how to make a truly successful sale, let me know. And if you want some beautiful books or some fine furniture, stop by.

2 comments:

middlebrow said...

Don't expect to get much for your French postructuralism. It's like the set of steak knives that you throw in for free with the really valuable thing you're trying to sell.

Nik said...

I expect at least fifty cents for the theory. Or rather, twenty five for the signfier and twenty five cents for the signified.