Friday, January 17, 2014

What Happened to Today?

Oh my peaceful dreams of a peaceful dreamy life of dreaminess met the less dreamy world of reality called the first week of school.
Here was my list last Friday:

  • Laundry
  • Mail Certificate
  • Forms for Grant
  • Sarah
  • Walgreens
  • Dr. Wetzel
  • Stan
  • Ellen Meloy
  • Dishwasher 
  • Dog food
Here is my list for this Friday:
  • Sophie at The Normal School
  • Call John Rothfork
  • Book Flight to Denver
  • Fall Schedule--print and sign
  • Confirm with Chris Cokinos
  • Confirm withe Angie Chuant
  • Jesse's letter of Rec
  • Jane's class
  • Rooms for readings
  • Book orders for readings
  • Soft Skull
  • FCP Grant Insurance
  • Bending Genre Blog
  • Creative Nonfiction Proofs
  • Sonora Review Proofs
  • Poetry Out Loud w-9
  • Fix BBLearn
  • CNF w-9
  • Diana Gabaldon Address
  • Gifts for Tyla & Liam
  • AWP Reading
  • Thank you notes--Max's birthday, Dean, John and Ang
  • Thomas reading
  • Dalkey Archive
  • Menagerie
  • Wave
  • Laundry
  • Grocery Store
  • Walk
  • Confirm Ander
  • Confirm Aurelie
  • Write 
  • Make dinner
  • Fix remote control cars (ceded this fun fest to Erik)
  • Take important Facebook quiz
  • Max all day
  • Zoe half day. 
  • Take Zoe to piano lesson
I miss last Friday. I also think we should all take out grant insurance. Just in case. 

8 comments:

Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

Breathe. And maybe pour yourself a glass of wine. Or several.

Nik said...

Yeah, it's all good. I did most of the list. And now it's written down so it's practically done. But I'll try the glass of wine too.

radagast said...

Yes. Once you write it's name, you have power over it. Btw, how did it go with the menagerie?

radagast said...

Gah. *its*

Lisa B. said...

goooooood heavens. that is a mind-walloping list. hope you made it out alive!

Nik said...

Oh my god. It's the next Friday again already.

Anonymous said...

Hi: I just came across your essay, "An Unkindness of Ravens," and wanted to let you know how mesmerizing it was for me. It's a story that will stay with me for a long time. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

trade oil futures