Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Oh ho ho

You thought my last post was made it "home." Oh no, that was from Baltimore. But we did make it home. Barely. Z was a trooper. Ohio is vast when you don't have a fine friend's home to crash at half-way through. I'm never taking another road with the letters "95" in them and Z might have an issue with car-sickness. Stop and go traffic makes her throw up. Might try dramamine. We have several more driving vacations planned.
Must go to bed now. It's 11:20 (that's 23:20 to P's military fiance) and we've been driving since 9 (that's 9 to him and to the rest of us). I have a teaching portfolio workshop tomorrow. It sounds like one of those very irritating helping-absent-minded-professors projects but apparently I have a third year review next year although I just barely finished my first....the tenure track is a lot like I-695, I-495, and the promising but unfulfiling I-395--confusing, back-tracking and often very much like a parking lot.

2 comments:

P said...

I-295. I should have been more adament. sp? Sorry the traffic bit. Welcome to the east coast. You forgot to mention the azalea/rhododendrons...

Nik said...

This is true. All over the east there are these "mini rhododendrens." In Portland, we had these giant flowers on these deep-green-leaved shrubs. But, as I was driving through Baltimore, I was thinking, there's a lot of writers from Maryland and D.C. and rarely does one read the word rhododendren. So P investigated and found out the shrubs in those parts are known as azaleas. Lovely baby rhodos. Thanks P for investigating.