Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Instead of eating queso

This summer. Ugh. I will write a post soon about the summer again, following Dr. Crazy's Not Enough Summer Left post. But, in the meantime, I was thinking yesterday, while waiting for Zoe to come back from a wedding in Montana that her parents took her too, that I'm having enough fun no matter what time of year it was. When Zoe got home, she told me how much fun she had had--"It was so beautiful there. We danced." And I thought, hmm. Dancing. Dancing is fun. I should have gone to the wedding, no matter how much it had cost, just to dance. How does one dance when you are no longer 22 and going to Embers and dancing to Bonnie Tyler or invited to the occasional wedding. Singing too. What do I sing now? When?
I did sing some Bonnie Tyler. Or, rather, I spoken-worded some Total Eclipse last May. Sometimes the iPod puts on a singable song but with 1789 songs on there, how is it possible that most of them are not sing or danceable?
Z and Max and I sometimes dance around the living room, in circles around the furniture. If fun is dancing, we'll need good music. I think, for my next summer project, I will make two playlists of the 1789 songs. One for dancing and one for singing. And, by the end of the summer, I will say, that was fun.

1 comment:

Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

I have those playlists! For exactly that reason. :-)